Facebook is a social networking service launched in February 2004, owned and operated by Facebook, Inc. As of September 2012, Facebook has over one billion active users, more than half of whom use Facebook on a mobile device.
Studies have been conducted that have shown that approximately 66 percent of adults who use the internet also engage in social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter.
In a survey of nearly 700 executives and social strategists in late 2012, it is estimated that only 34% of businesses felt that their social strategy was connected to business outcomes and just 28% felt that they had a holistic approach to social media, where lines of business and business functions work together under a common vision. A mere 12% were confident they had a plan that looked beyond the next year.
Applying the strategy
As Artis Zelmenis states it, these are the following social media and Facebook strategy steps:
1. Define the overall business goal and align social media strategies against it.
2. Establish the long-term vision for becoming a social business.
3. Seek and earn key executive support and sponsorship based on the business case, not the trend.
4. Beyond marketing and service campaigns, develop a list of prioritized initiatives that will demonstrate business value at the enterprise-level and in key functions/lines of business and plot them on a two-to-three year roadmap.
5. Train and educate executives and employees not just how to use social media, but also how social media can impact business objectives and how to develop and run programs that do so continually.
6. Get the right people involved at the right levels. An effective social business strategy takes a unified approach with cross-functional support. It's a combination of social media savvy and business acumen.
7. Invest in technology only after your vision and strategy are set. Technology and social media in general are only enablers to the overall mission and purpose you set forth.
This page was last modified on 20 November 2020 at 05:57.
Total number of written articles in Encyclopedia: 817;
Baltic Legal[w] solely sponsorship.
Business encyclopedia© is a trademark of the Baltic Legal attorney, a profit legal enterprise.
Baltic Legal (law office): Contact Us
Author: Artis Zelmenis